Third Eye Gypsy(Genea Beads) 2011 by Parigo Studios 2010

Thursday, August 6, 2009

New devices, recycling for beads and new listings!


Hello friends!

Wow! What a crazy week already! I am STILL behind from the show weekend and getting all of my tasks done this week. So what am I going to do? Get some work done and PLAY! Woo hoo!

Before I get into the details how about checking out todays listings? As you may have noticed.... they were up way before I posted this blog! I bet you sneak one's out there already knew that though.. ;)

First I have some "Batik Harmony Lantern" earrings to offer. These earrings were pretty awesome because I ended up making the design by using some snippits of left over fibers and some tinkly bells! It's pretty sweet to come up with a design that uses up even the littlest bits of those odds and end pieces. REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE right?! :D
Next I have a white "Crazy Daisy" ring to offer. I don't know if you are like me, but I LOVE daisies. They are such happy flowers! Why not enjoy one that blooms all year round regardless of the weather. This little ring sure does put a smile on my face!
And now I suppose you want to know what all this half work and PLAY is all about right? Well I am SUPER excited about this new laminator I got!! I just really get a kick out of these small devices that can make such COOL things! Tera Belinsky-Yoder of Beady Girl Beads was kind enough to share some of her sticky hang tags with me so I am making laminated GB cards to hang my earrings, pendants, rings and such. I was using some scrap booked punched tags with my GB stickers, but the card stock available is still pretty flimsy. These cards will be super awesome to be a nice sturdy and professional finish to my work. I will even be offering some perks! Wanna hear what they are?

Ok, so heres the deal. When you purchase one of my carded items and return your laminated card with hang tag I will reward you for recycling! Not only will you be recycling this item by sending the card back to me when you are finished using it, but you will get a FREE BEAD! Everyone win's right? Green planet, and free beads! What could be better?! Your free bead will be a bead that retails for at least $10 dollars. How cool is that?!

So that is the first thing on my agenda is making the new cards, laminating them and then adding my items to the cards. Next I need to trade out some things at Oh Wow! gallery downtown. Then I will be joining my bead girls at Bead Boutique for a class on these cool space ship stitched earrings. I will OF COURSE be posting pictures of my endeavors!

Stay tuned for the MAGIC!

I hope this Thursday finds you well and in good health :)

Much love,

Genea

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love it when you share your thoughts with me :)