Third Eye Gypsy(Genea Beads) 2011 by Parigo Studios 2010

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Grow with Love and inspiration from the sunset

Hello friends!

I have 2 more "Grow with Love" pendants to offer today. Today's early listing is "Strawberry". I was really excited to work up these colors cause who doesn't love pink?! I had the cute little white and pink stripey hearts that are dangling from the bottom and had to make a heart to match for my series! "Strawberry" features a medium pink heart with magenta freckles.

Today's SNEAK PEEK item is my "Blackberry" -Grow with Love pendant. Blackberry features deep ink blue violet with freckles of turquoise. I am really in love with the little dangly hearts on this one as well. They are a pretty purple ab and they really sparkle!

COLOR STUDIES.... I am so bummed cause I totally had pictures of the beads before I etched them. I was going to do a 2 block with the shiny and etched versions of all of these beads, but it looks like they disappeared :(

So off to my color studies. The other night when I was out with Melissa and Moriah going on a candy run the sky was the most gorgeous colors of coraly orange and lavender. It was so beautiful I wanted to make it into beads. I couldn't decide on exactly which colors I wanted to use to match up to that incredible sky so I did some studies. It dawned on me that I could even use transparents and make them opaque. How did I do that? Well, I etched them! Yeah, can you believe it? Why hadn't I thought of that before?!I think I would have to say that my favorites are the 2 on the right. The transparent M lavender blue on the top looks too pinky/brownish for the look I was trying for. The bottom is M opaque lavender blue which looks too gray to me. On the right we have M dark lavender which is always SO pretty no matter what you do with it(well except in fluorescent lighting). The bottom is also one of my favorite Messy colors- Heffalump.
I wasn't sure if it was going to give me fits with being cooled and re-heated multiple times, but it worked out great! It even etched nicely as well! Heffalump really is much more purple than M op lavender.

Holy crap! I just came up with an idea to complete a set. Aren't you excited you got to be here while I was getting inspired?! Me too!

Well you know what's next... Since I am feeling that inspiration I am going to head down to the studio.

Have a terrific day!

Much love,

Genea

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love it when you share your thoughts with me :)