Third Eye Gypsy(Genea Beads) 2011 by Parigo Studios 2010

Monday, August 10, 2009

Glass headpins

Hello again.. Are you tired of reading yet? I have been super talkative today, I know... I just had a lot to catch you up on yanno?

So I got totally inspired by this pair of beads I picked up at Bokamo Design's home show. Steve makes GORGEOUS boro beads and this year one of his new designs was this kind of coiled coneish ovalish eye shape. Of course, leave it to me to see EYES in everything. Anyways.... I thought how sweet would it be to make glass headpin iris' to fit into Steve's beads and make eye earrings? Well I decided to try it out!Ok so I knew that you could use copper wire to put glass onto because when I was living in Colorado Beth Johnson did that with some of her blueberry beads for earrings! So I decided to give it a whirl. This were my FIRST attempt and I was super excited that they worked!! Here is a long shot of them so you can see the whole thing.Here you can see how they will look when strung through something. As you can see the one of the left got a little bit more clear glass.
Here is what they look like in Steve's new style bead! Sweet huh?!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Okay, this is ridiculously awesome. Seriously lady.

Third Eye Gypsy said...

Thanks! I can't wait to see what I dream up next ;)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love it when you share your thoughts with me :)