Third Eye Gypsy(Genea Beads) 2011 by Parigo Studios 2010

Friday, April 24, 2009

Color studies, new items and more...

Hello friends!

Did you miss me?

Did you notice I was M.I.A. yesterday? The hubby and I ran some errands and re-potted our plants in nice fresh organic soil. Then we added some nitrates(plant crack) to their soil. Needless to say I think they are VERY happy with their new food and homes ;)

It was really nice to feel the damp dirt in my hands as I lovingly re-potted my plants :D


New items are up on Etsy and Artfire! I LOVE the new love flower button I listed ;)

Remember that idea I had for some new beads? Here is the set....

Pretty sweet huh? I was pretty happy with how they turned out. I also thought this was interesting so I thought I would share with you all. Here are the beads that didn't make it into the set. Isn't is strange how Pulsar is just a tad darker than Light Teal in these beads? You can't hardly see the color at all with the Medium Grass Green compared to the Emerald. Isn't it strange how the Simply Berry almost looks brown with the orange bands around it? I think it's totally interesting how the appearance of a color can change based on what is close to it. I was shocked to find out that Ink Blue would be so light too!

I was also working on a set for my friend Kim and here are some discoveries I made while starting her set.
Here are the color studies. Aren't they Gorgeous?! I am really digging on doing a color in the center and encasing in another color to really make the center glow and find new luscious colors :DHoray for packaging! Aren't they pretty?! I got these little babies to use for the Bead Blast show May 2-3rd @ 6800 West 115th, Overland Park, KS! If you are in town be sure to stop on by and say "hello"! For more info about this show you can visit the Kansas City Bead Society page

I was pretty excited about these bags cause I also discovered that they fit perfectly in my little bubble mailers I use for my Etsy shop! Since I don't have a proper tiny box to ship my Chinese take-out boxes this will be a nice little alternative. Wouldn't you be excited to get this pretty bag filled with my beads? I would!! :D

Well I suppose that is enough excitement for one day right? ;)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Much love,

Genea

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love it when you share your thoughts with me :)