Third Eye Gypsy(Genea Beads) 2011 by Parigo Studios 2010

Monday, November 2, 2009

Arts "Happy little accidents"

Hello friends!

It's officially Christmas season huh? So to kick off the season I have some snowy little friends in the shop!

NEW IN THE SHOP....

Today's first item is "Holly". She is a sweet little snow girl from the south pole that loves to celebrate the holidays! Holly has a white lentil face with an orange carrot nose, 2 little charcoal eyes, rosy pink cheeks and a sprig of holly on her head.

Today's SNEAK PEEK item is a snow angel. Wasn't that one of your favorite things to do as a kid? Put on your snow suit and make snow angels in freshly fallen snow? This little angel has a snowy white body with an orange carrot nose, 2 little black charcoal eyes, clear frosty wings, and a golden halo on her head.

NEW ON SALE!...


Red scarlet grow with love pendant!

SO WHAT ELSE IS NEW??...

Lucas is one of my friends that always enjoys sharing different foods with me. He knows I LOVE blood oranges and brought me one from another one of our local grocery stores called Hen House. Now this orange was the BLACKEST red I have seen! It was SO awesome!Here is what the peel looked like.

Here is the deep black/red flesh. Isn't is AWESOME?! I do have to give Sarah Moran credit for my newest obsession with them. I was looking at a set of her beads and with the beads she had a photograph of one of these dark red oranges in the picture. I was like "HOLY CRAP! I HAVE to find one of those oranges"! Now, don't get me wrong, I was totally in love with the beads in the photo as well! ;)

HAPPY LITTLE ACCIDENT...

So in art we have these things called "happy little accidents". These are unexpected artistic things that just kind of happen out of a failure of something else.

Here is the style bead i was going to make with my super limey green and aqua. Well I misplaced the dots and the surface bead actually got too cold and got a split in it. I decided to just play around with the glass and whirl the dots around. Here is what came out! It is SO cool. It looks like it has whirling waves all over it! SUPER COOL! HORAY for happy little accidents!


OKEY DOKEY ARTICHOKY...

So you remember me talking about effetre's new color Okey Dokey Artichoky earlier right?

I just LOVE it's hints of blue and green. So I was curious to see where it fell in the palette. These above colors were the ones that first popped into my head. I was trying to figure out what colors they put together to come up with this. The rod has a center blue core with a minty greenish/avocado(not like the fruit, like the glass rod) outside. Now I am kinda thinking maybe effetre Copper Green should have been in here somewhere too?
The glass is just so pretty on it's own with absolutely nothing on it so I just had to make something out of them. I actually had my color sample lentil I made( I make these to see how the glass works after being worked) sitting on my bead mat next to a bag of Chinese turquoise beads you see above. I thought, PERFECT! As I was making it, I just knew it had to go to my friend Stephanie because it reminded me of her and her love for natural stones. Here is the design I came up with. This design was modeled after a very simple modern bracelet I made for my sister for her bridal shower. I forgot to take a picture of her bracelet before giving it to her or I would post a pic of it here for you to oogle.

What's new on the bead front? Well I think I will be making some last minute things for the show this weekend. What? Hell, I don't know. I guess whatever comes to me. The lime green and aqua rods and stringers have been sitting on my desk for days now. Maybe I should just break down and make a set with them. I mean maybe they will feel cheated to have been sitting there so long and not being used?

Well I am off for now.

Have a fantastic day!

Much love,

Genea

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love it when you share your thoughts with me :)