Third Eye Gypsy(Genea Beads) 2011 by Parigo Studios 2010

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Horay for being INSPIRED!

Hello friends!

I just thought I would share some more pieces I made with you. I have been feeling pretty creative lately :)

After making my AMAZING new BIBH(bead-inside-a-bead-hollow) necklace it just wouldn't be complete without a FABULOUS pair of earrings, right?Awesome, huh?! I LOVE them!
Here is a quick shot of what they look like together :)

A few days ago I was looking through one of my bead drawers and came across a bead I had made awhile back after getting a sweet spiral stamp at a bead show from last year. I pulled the bead out and it has been sitting by my computer monitor for a few days.

I remembered I had picked up some purplish dyed coral at the show and thought it would look really pretty with the bead. I don't usually design with semi-precious stones so I thought I would use some in a design with this particular bead.

Why don't I use stones normally? I dunno, not because I don't like them or anything. I just LOVE glass, crystal and other funky stuff so I generally stick to that.

Luckily my other design had some wonder left over pieces so I added them into this piece as well. Horay for asymmetry and mixed-media! These style pieces are perfect for all of those little pretty left over bits from other designs :D

I'm really happy with the design! I wanted to add lots of texture, techniques and style to the piece and then add some of that Genea flair. I think I nailed it :D I uploaded it to the design pool for the Jewelry Accord submissions for Lorelei and Erin's new book. I'm excited to hear what people think of the design.

Ok well, it's 12:26pm and I am still in my p'jam's so I guess it's time to go shower, eat breakfast(yes breakfast, if you miss it you still have to eat it, no matter what time ;), and get dressed.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Much love,

Genea

4 comments:

Pretty Things said...

Those earrings ROCK! I'm a bright bead sort of gal myself!

Third Eye Gypsy said...

Thanks! I LOVE long dangly earrings! I love this pair because there are so many pretty things to look at :D

Jen Judd said...

You come up with the best stuff!! It makes me happy just to see your beads!!

Third Eye Gypsy said...

Thanks, Jen! Awww! You are too sweet! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love it when you share your thoughts with me :)