Third Eye Gypsy(Genea Beads) 2011 by Parigo Studios 2010

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Fire in the sky , foodie goodness, and awesome presents

Hello friends!

I just HAD to share some pictures of the sky last night! Being in Kansas City, Missouri we get hit with some crazy weather systems. It was literally dark as night at like 4:30pm. The wind picked up and we got some crazy rain. Later on there was a strange light in the house so that usually means that the light outside is pretty crazy.
Here is a picture of the sky from my backyard. It was raining and there was lightning as the sun was setting. It was SOOOO pretty!
Here was the sky in the sideyard to the left of the backyard picture.
Here is the sky from the front porch. Isn't it BEAUTIFUL?! Amanda and I stood on the front porch under the awning and watched it rain. It was breezy and beautiful outside after having days in the 97+range with heat indexs of 111.


I thought you might like to see what we've been eating from the farmer's market and some other organic food we got from the store.Here we have from back left to right- a purple pepper, heirloom eggplant(which was f*ing delicious!), and 2 heirloom tomatoes. I LOVE the amazing colors! I keep trying to eat the tomatoes and make myself like them, but I'm not a huge fan of them plain. Now putting them in a dish with other things is an instant win. Weird huh?
Here is what one of the tomatoes looked like sliced. The longer cross section looks like a heart.
Here is the chef(my hubby Ricky) at work making a healthy and delicious meal.

Here is a grass fed long horn beef burger. This meat is leaner than chicken if you can believe it and super delicious! We had cous cous in the burget to get it to "stick" together and some added spices. On top is some olive oil mayonaise(which I scraped most of it off) on a bed of spinach with some apple cider vinegar drizzle on it.

Look at this cantaloupe! There was virtually NO rind!This is all James and the Giant Peach huh? Can you believe the size of this thing?! Go organic! Ricky picked out this bunch of peaches since the peach was "Ricky size" :)
You may have caught my tweet about this if you follow me on twitter. My caption was something like "Load up 'cause you can't get fat eating this"! I took this picture without the coconut milk and other things on top so you could see all of the fruit.See what I mean? You couldn't tell what was in the bowl otherwise. Want the recipe?

FRUIT BOWL OF AWESOME
(we recommend organic fruit and fruit that has not been sprayed with pesticides from your local city market)

1 banana sliced into pieces

1 handful of cherries pitted

1 peach sliced into pieces

1 handful of blueberries

4 strawberries cut into pieces

1/4c organic coconut milk

a few pinches of dried organic coconut flakes

a pinch of sunflower seeds(unsalted)

a pinch of pumpkin seeds(unsalted)

Totally un-related, but look at the AMAZING shoes that Holly made for me for my birthday! The base is felted and she crochet the flower on top!Like my cool stripey socks too? Amanda bought them for me for my birthday. They were on sale at Target for $1.50! :D Don't they look f*ing sweet with my shoes?!
The dogs were being super cute sniffing my shoes so I tried to snap some pictures. I would love to say that Kayla was actually smelling the flower, but Holly's cat was actually loving up on my shoes before I got them so they were totally snuffing the kitty smell ;)
Leeloo kinda moved mid snap so I missed her with her nose in the flower, but oh well. :)

Hope you enjoyed my foodiness and other funzies.

See you soon.

Much love,

Genea

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love it when you share your thoughts with me :)