Third Eye Gypsy(Genea Beads) 2011 by Parigo Studios 2010

Monday, September 29, 2008

Bearden's art glass show

*Whew* I made it! I didn't think my sanity would last until the show! I was SOOO BUSY! The show was a HUGE success! Thanks to everyone who stopped by! I got some really beautiful stuff from a few lampworkers that were at the show!

I traded these lovely beads with Janet Vestal. Aren't they GORGEOUS?! I LOVE flowers! Here is Janet's website so you can see all of her lovelies too. The pictures just don't do them justice. They are so amazing in person!
I had to have this one too. I sent Ricky to go buy it for me. I saw a girl wearing one from Janet's booth and decided I might die if I didn't get one! I was really excited to find out that this bead is Janet's avatar for her Etsy page :D
Here is a really cool bead that I got from a friend Jana. Unfortunately I don't know her web address if any.. Anyways... this bead is made out of a boro glass called "satin." It kinda looks like Czech shampoo glass. She has a name for this style of bead but, the name escapes me at the moment....

I also met some amazing people at the show as well. I met Janet Vestal (her info above), Margaret from Neomythica
(she makes these really awesome cast glass faries and cats, plus loads of silver cast findings), and Haui from Slap and Tickle Gallery(they didn't have an official website so that one will have to do ;). Haui is a lampworker too that works in boro. Unfortunately I was too late to view his wares, but I plan on stopping by the gallery for first friday ;)

Good times!

1 comments:

Ms. Quinn said...

Yay! I'm glad it went well :) and that purple flower is so pretty!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love it when you share your thoughts with me :)