Third Eye Gypsy(Genea Beads) 2011 by Parigo Studios 2010

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

"Out of Orbit" Necklace

Hello friends!


Hot damn! Did you see this?! I am here for another blog. I always feel like my blogs have to have all of this info and pictures to post. Then remember that short and sweet usually fits the bill. I thought you all might like to see the completed necklace I have been wanting to design since Bead Fest!

So I took some veiled cane from GG Glass.
and some of this new AWESOME *FUZZY* Wooly Wire.
Did a quick sketch for the design. Wow look at that TERRIBLE handwriting! Lol. 

I made these hollow beads and matched them up to their appropriate color matches.
Got some rubber tubing.
Swirled, and whirled it up.
and made THIS! It was like midnight when I finished so I had to take this photo in the bathroom.


Went outside and caught the sun for a hot second this morning before it got cloudy. The sun always makes glass so gorgeous! 

Just thought you might like to witness the whole design process ;)

Thanks for stopping by! 

xo Genea

11 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

Love seeing your process! Those beads are big, bold and beautiful! I was thinking this would be a bracelet. The scale is incredible and adds to the festiveness of this design, Miss Genea. A riot of crayon colors to brighten any day! Puts a smile on my face. Enjoy the day. Erin

Third Eye Gypsy said...

Thanks so much Erin. That is always one of the most interesting things to me so I like to write about it ;) They are! Lol, I guess it could be turned into a bracelet design for sure. Not a bad idea. Maybe super teeny hollows? Love that "riot of crayon colors"! So glad it made you smile! Thanks so much for stopping by! xo Genea

Ema Kilroy said...

I love the transition of color. It looks beautiful on! Thanks for sharing your process.

Third Eye Gypsy said...

Thanks so much Ema. color transitions fascinate me. I was glad I could make it work with the color palette I had. When making these hollows I can't always control what size they are ;) xo Genea

Susan Marling said...

That is gorgeous! What is not to love about it. I am sure it would be fun to wear - it just looks happy. It was nice to see your process.

Karen Totten said...

LOVE this! It looks like it just FLOATS! So pretty and UH-mazing (to use a "Genea" colloquialism he he).

Third Eye Gypsy said...

Thanks Susan! Yeah, it is a surprisingly light necklace for it's size. The hollows are great for that bold big look without the weight. It is! You can't go wrong with bright colors to be cheerful. I am so glad you enjoyed the process!

Thanks Karen! It kind of does yanno? Lol, yep, that is a total "Genea Word". He he.

xo Genea

Barbara Lewis said...

Beautiful! Love the colors and the texturals contrasts between the smooth and shiny and soft and fluffy. :-) With those hollow beads and the colorful wire, this piece is a perfect "chunky" necklace with little weight ... a dream to wear I'm sure!

Third Eye Gypsy said...

Thanks so much Barbara! I am so tactile so I love the contrast of materials as well. Yep, EXACTLY! That is what I was going for! A "chunky" style necklace with a very light weight to it. For sure! xo Genea

Tina Bird said...

This is so cool! It would be fab with the very long rainbow colored rope I'm weaving...I'll pass pictures along when it's closer to finished. I've been distracted by this amazing lotus bead for the last several days :-)

Third Eye Gypsy said...

Thanks Tina! Oh I can't wait to see it! Awww so glad my bead is distracting you. I love those style beads. Enjoy! xo Genea

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love it when you share your thoughts with me :)