Third Eye Gypsy(Genea Beads) 2011 by Parigo Studios 2010

Saturday, March 1, 2014

NEW work and a few packaging changes

Hello friends!

I am just returning from the studio and getting back to normal in Olathe. When I am in KC I spend 3 days cranking out beads, then when I arrive back in Olathe, I clean beads, do the bead preview, price, tag, package up orders, and list whatever is left(if anything) on Etsy. Then I have a few days of whatever else needs to be done in Olathe, and back to the studio in KC again. The change is nice, but it takes me a little bit to transition from place to place.  I posted my bead preview in the middle of the day instead of the morning like I usually do. I have been having a day off with Ricky when I return from the studio so I try to take that whole day off together. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't.

If you are seeing this now you are in LUCK! Some beads have managed to make it to my Etsy shop! I have also been busily creating beads for my tutorials in Bead Design Studio for the March/April 2014 issue! I even created some kits for the tutorials so you can pick up most of what you need from my shop. You will still need to grab the Wooly Wire from Wooly Wire Etc ;)

So first I will show you all of the things I have created and then we will let ya know what is in stock ;) 
Here is a close-up of the left side of the bead tray. You will notice some past designs along with some new ones! OMG are the Urchin headpins amazing, or what?! I am SO excited those turned out so awesome!
More "Rainbow Serpent Sticks"! It's been awhile since I had those in stock! Since I was making "Ocean Urchin Eggs" I was on an urchin theme and just kept going with it. I even added in "Orchid" as a base color! Yum!
I even did a few new spacers in some of the new glass colors I received. I will get 1/4 lb increments to try out some new colors and see if it's something I need to add into my regular palette. OMG aren't the Urchin beads SO pretty?! There is something about the black base! Although I love me some ivory as well ;) 
Wow did you all go ga ga over these "Rainbow Chakra" headpins. They sold out FAST! I don't blame you though cause they are so pretty on that deep eggplant violet base!
"Sacred Om" glass headpins! These are all gone too! They sold out quickly. I saved a few for the kits, but I will need to make more singles soonish? I dunno I am almost out of this color AGAIN. It's alarming how fast I run through my glass now a days. If I don't buy a pound I almost need to re-order more glass after one studio day! Yikes! Pretty sure I can't be placing $200 glass orders every week like I have been! ;) LOL.

I couldn't resist here. These headpins are just SO incredible! Just look at those reflective urchin pools and the pops of rainbow on the back! So gorgeous. These are, of course, SOLD OUT. No shocker there.

Mmmmm Ivory, how do I love thee, let me count the ways... These are SOLD OUT as well.

Here is the "Sahara" base that little bit of warm golden yellow tan is such a perfect base for the rainbows as well. Yum! I even love that super pastel pool on the bottom right! So pretty! SOLD OUT.

Um.. lame Genea. So what do you have?! Well.. I have some gorgeous "Rainbow Serpent Sticks" in the shop along with "Ocean Urchin Egg" focals, and the magazine tutorial kits!

So here is what is currently IN STOCK!
"Sacred Om Lotus Kit" for the tutorial in BDS March/April 2014. This is the alternate design. The kits are 15% off from what you would pay for the kit piece by piece ;)



"Sacred Om Lotus" focal. If you just want the single focal you can find it here.
Here is the back side.

"Sahara" necklace kit for the tutorial in BDS March/April 2014. This is the necklace that is in the tutorial photos. The kits are 15% off from what you would pay for the kit piece by piece ;)
Spiral Earth Stone "Sahara" for just the focal.



and last, but not least....

So what's the word on this new packaging thing?

Well I decided to make a few changes for some of my regular customers to cut back on waste and allow for some more reusing!

So here are some of the changes you may have noticed:
1. You may have noticed that you have not been receiving as many extra beads. I have been selling out so fast that I have been left with no extra goodies to slip into your bags. So I have been adding other goodies like Czech glass beads, and sari silk :D So if for some reason you don't like some of the extra goodies you have been receiving please do let me know so I can send you something that suits your taste better ;)

2. You may not have been receiving business cards. I figure after awhile you know where to find me and you probably only need so many of my cards to pass out to friends. I also HATE to think that you throw them out. If anything else PLEASE give them to a friend or send them back. Honestly I would be shocked if you did throw them away. Moo cards are SO pretty that really, you can collect them like artist trading cards ;)


 3.You may not receive a personalized thank you note. I may talk with you frequently enough that I don't feel like there is anything else that I could write to you that I have not already told you in a message. This saves on paper waste. Think of it as saving trees :)

4. You may receive a plain kraft colored box with your goodies inside instead of a stamped GB box. Again with the, you can only have so many of those until you have TOO many. So I have opted to send you plain boxes so that you can REUSE them for YOUR creations! Yay! 

5. You may receive some of your goodies in a plain cello bag versus a decorative bag with decorative tape and a sticker. SOMETIMES your boxes are SO FULL I can't fit them inside so I opt for a smaller bag instead of sending yet ANOTHER box. 

So with all of that said I hope you can understand why I have opted to make some of these changes. *IF* for any reason you don't feel like you are getting that same "Genea Beads" experience by these changes, please do let me know what aspects you liked and I will be sure to include them in your orders. 

Thank you for EVERYTHING you do! I could not be able to do the things I do without all of your loving support! xoxo Genea














0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love it when you share your thoughts with me :)