Third Eye Gypsy(Genea Beads) 2011 by Parigo Studios 2010

Monday, March 17, 2014

Jael has received her soup!

Hello friends!

Well Jael has received her soup so I will post photos of what I sent! 
I like doing themes when I send soup so I did a Sea Urchin theme. The sea urchin themed beads are one of my most fantastical glass beads and are also on the cover of the current issue of Bead Design Studio March/April 2014! I figured this was the way to go with my soup this time around!

So here are the beads: Silvered fossil spacers- a new glass color I picked up wrapped in a gorgeous silvered ivory band. This is a new design and I loved it so well I used the same base for the NEW "Rainbow Urchin Silver Sand" Wing Dings! I create them specifically for this soup cause Wing Dings on their own are awesome, but add an urchin and they are just out of this world! It wouldn't be complete without one of my "Ocean Urchin Egg" focals and a "Rainbow Urchin" clasp! Jael's clasp is a button style clasp. I had this base prepped so I thought I would try out a button style as well. It turned out awesome so I may make more in the future. You can't have an entire set of  urchin beads without a glass headpin so I created the "Ocean Urchin" "Innies" and "Outies" style headpins. I just love this collection of beads! I can't wait to see what Jael does with it!

I also sent along some of my favorites! I sent a few colors of recycled sari silk, some cable chain from rings & things, and of course, Raku Wooly Wire that was made especially to match my raku beads :D!

You can check out her post about her soup she received from me here. I didn't click a ton of photos of the entire soup as I wanted to rush it out in the mail, but Jael took some wonderful photos of opening her soup! 

I can't wait to receive my soup from her and will post when it arrives in the mail :D

See ya soon!

xo Genea

2 comments:

Jael said...

I'm already gathering possible complementary stuff to go with your beautiful beads. Can I have some of that sunlight that's making your beads sparkle? May seems so far off, but boy does time fly... Thank you!!

Third Eye Gypsy said...

Yay!! I can't wait to see what you create! You sure may! Let me go package some up for you ;) You know I was so fortunate to get that little glimmer of sunlight from outside the front of my apartment. We don't face the sun so my window of getting any light is very small and at a funny angle. I am so glad I do get at least a little bit up here for now. Time sure does fly! It will be warm and sunny before you know it! xo Genea

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love it when you share your thoughts with me :)