Third Eye Gypsy(Genea Beads) 2011 by Parigo Studios 2010

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Review on Wooly Wire(Fiber Wire)

Hello friends!

This blog is way over due, but at least I am here posting it now. As you may have seen over my past blogs, and posts I am ENAMORED with Wooly Wire to say the least!  I have nothing, but great things to say about this amazing new product! You may remember my past blog tutorial about how to Finish the end of Wooly Wire. Wooly wire is SO easy to use and easy to end as well. Wooly Wire is that perfect element to add to any project that you would do wire-wrapping techniques and beyond!
Wooly Wire comes in 2 different gauges, 24 and 22. I personally prefer the 24 ga myself, but I also create work on a smaller scale. I like that their is more fiber than wire with the 24. If you do larger chunkier pieces you may like the 22 better. 
Here you can see some AWESOME negative space earrings.
A super sweet woven pendant.


A necklace using the Wooly Wire for connecting as well as simple wire wraps.

For a simpler design just around the front.



Around chain for an amazing textural look.
A more intricate design with simple wire-wraps and some coiling around fiber. I LOVE this necklace!



Even wine charms! 

The sky is the limit with this amazing new mixed-media art wire! 

For more ideas and inspiration, check out the Pinterest board Wooly Wire

If you weren't sure about Wooly Wire, I hope this gave your the courage to dive on it!

Enjoy!

xo Genea

4 comments:

Karen Totten said...

Awesome post - Thank you for the review!

Third Eye Gypsy said...

You're welcome! Sorry it took me so long to get to this post! Glad the craziness of the holidays is over. Now onto the pre-show crazies! Waaaaaaaaaa! Lol xoxo Genea

Maplegirl said...

You are inspiring me to get it out and try it. I love colors, and I think that I need to start with the Wooly Wire, and design out from there. Andrea

Third Eye Gypsy said...

I'm so glad you are inspired Andrea! Yeah, you will be HOOKED! I hope you got yourself a few different colors ;) I went through mine pretty quickly, as you can see ;) xo Genea

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love it when you share your thoughts with me :)