Third Eye Gypsy(Genea Beads) 2011 by Parigo Studios 2010

Friday, October 26, 2012

Updated Shops, New Inspiration Board & Designs

Hello friends!

Wow, it's been a weird week. Ricky has a crazy schedule at the gym now that he is a sales manager. I have been flip flopping days around so we can spend time together. I have so many things I am juggling and all the sudden I began to PANIC about the holidays! I was like OMG... I have to stock my shops, I have things to make, beads to make, projects to do.. AHHHHH. Is this happening to anyone else??

I have even finally completed a small run of special things for my collab with Nellie(Karen's daughter that makes fiber wire). So here is a quick sneaky peeky of that...

So this is the "handle" for the orifice hooks. The bottom is a little hook that is used to pull the spun fibers through the spinning wheel. I had a lot of fun creating these :D 

I had also had a convo with Karen about business stuff and we were talking about niches. Then I had a convo with one of my new customers and "wing dings" and "weeny dings" and I got to thinking, Uh... DUH. I need to make a Pinterest board to show people what to do with them right? I mean we are all artists and visual right? It only made sense. So me being a CRAZY person, I went to work creating this board of jewelry and other things to make with "Wing Dings" & "Weeny Dings".

Here is a new GORGEOUS necklace Lorelei created.
I just love this design! It's so fall(my very favorite season)!

Speaking of Lorelei, I got one of her AMAZING tin snippet toggles! 

Oh I just LOVE my toggle! I can't wait to design with it :D Here is her gallery of tin snippet toggles on facebook.

So now what about those shop listings??
So I updated both shops. A few things I thought you all might need for some holiday jewelry for your designs. I got a few new pieces in my jewelry shop too for people who don't make jewelry ;)



"Desert Serpent Jewel" - so this beauty is like the "Desert Serpent" lentils only this is a focal size with a "Jewel" dot in the center. I don't think I actually sold this one. The very first one went to Staci in a trade, so technically these are still new ;) 

Here is how big it is. I believe it's 1". I forget, but it's in the description ;P

Swirl Spacers "Bold Rainbow"- Mmmm pretty huh? Every color you could want. So you are looking at it wondering why it's "rainbow" with no purple, right? Well the purple glass in this style rod is only a kind of lavender. I wanted a bold rainbow so I used these colors :D
Swirl Spacers "Island Punch"- a bit of brights for fun!
Swirly Spacers "Swirly Sea Garden"- I used these little beauties in my "Vortex Flower Garden" necklace that was in Bead & Button :)
Pretty huh? I love this necklace :D

So speaking of jewelry... Here is what I added to my jewelry shop.


"Galaxy Key" necklace with my hand forged copper pendant. the little rainbow bubble button is actually melted directly onto the wire. I just love this piece! So simple and perfect! This necklace even has one of my hammered patinated clasps :D

Here you can see the necklace worn and the earrings that match :D

So speaking of photos....

Guess who ordered new MOO cards?! I just loved my fall photos with the leaves so I thought I probably needed some new cards. The holidays are coming up, and one needs to stock up for the holidays, right? Right!
So here is a screen shot of the cards with the leaf photos. So pretty!


Here is the front. Looks simple, right? WRONG... Seriously everything that should be short and simple for me becomes a horrendous MESS. So it literally took me HOURS to get the top image right. I had to create the image so that the text sat right in the middle. I wanted recycled looking cards, but there isn't an option for one. So I took my cardboard image and made one :D In order to make this image it has to be really tall on the top and bottom and the image part has to sit right in the middle. Such a PITA, but OMG it looks f*ing SWEET! I can't wait to get my new cards :D  

I already have a collector of my cards(you know who you are ;D)

Anyways, I suppose I should move along. It's already 4pm here and I still have  a LIST of things to do before going out with some friends today!

See you soon!

xo Genea







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love it when you share your thoughts with me :)