Third Eye Gypsy(Genea Beads) 2011 by Parigo Studios 2010

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Trade with Staci Louise from Artisan Accents

Hello friends!

I'm SOOOOO excited to share my treasures from Staci Louise of  Artisan Accents! Staci wrote a wonderful article on bartering at the Love My Art Jewelry(which is a fabulous blog btw). So would you like to see the amazing things I received from my new creative friend? 

Here is the entire collection of beads that I received! Aren't I just the luckiest girl EVER?!  Please do click on the images to make them larger so you can get a better feel for all of the love and details in her wonderful work!

From Left to Right and top to bottom: Semi-precious stone earrings with copper patinaed caps, a collection of semi-precious stones, "Earth, Sun, and Stars for you", "Night Flight", "Give my Heart Wings", "Tentacle," "Man on the Moon," "Marissa Night and Day" wings, "Yellow Ocher Sea Thing," "Lichen," and "Turquoise Sea Thing".

Some things you never really think about when you buy things is how big are they? They always look huge in photos, but you never really can tell the size unless you read for it in the details. I thought I would take a photo of one of Staci's amazing hearts in my hand so you can see what a wonderful sized focal it is. 

You may not know that I used to be OBSESSED with suns, moons, and stars. I do wish I had a photo of my family room from when I was about 19. It had these short black toppers(curtains) with suns, moons and zodiac signs on them accented with gold, a gold star garland stapled, coiled on the wall(it wasn't as tacky as it sounds ;), and some sun watercolors I painted. 

So what does this have to do with her beads? Well I just have that wonderful memory of my room and love for celestial things which in turn gives me a special connection with these pieces :)



I just LOVE Staci's new "Man on the Moon" design. I was so excited that she slipped on into my package! I love that if you look closely you can see little bits of her finger prints, which I find to be fantastic! That little bit shows me that someones artful hands created this beautiful little masterpiece :D 
One thing I was surprised to find out about Staci's polymer designs is that she works in all WHITE clay! All of that amazing color and layering you see is done masterfully with paints! Wow, huh?! I love the wonderful sepia color of this sweet little moon face and how there is a dark edging in the texture of the stars :D


If you know me(which I'm assuming you do by now ;) I LOVE color and lime green and aqua. I just LOVE these amazing patina's Staci gets on her pieces. The bases are copper or bronze. She patina's the metal several times, sands them and then seals them! Wow! I didn't realize how much work goes into patinaing metals! 

I'm so glad to have learned more about Staci's process. It really gives me even more of an appreciation for her art and style! She is such a sweet, sweet girl! I have very much enjoyed our conversations back and forth and the excitement that came with creating pieces for our trade!

Stay tuned to see the beads I sent to Staci!  Hop on over to her shop and nab up a couple of her pieces for yourself! 

xo  Genea



2 comments:

somethingunique said...

Hey Genea...guess what...my studio is done with the star/moon theme...curtains and all...use to be my daughters bed room LOL...anyway those components are amazing...i never realized Staci did components...i am heading over there right now to chenck them out..thanks for sharing and have a great day ttfn Lana ;)

Third Eye Gypsy said...

That's awesome, Lana! See her beads are just perfect for you!

Yep, she makes components and finished jewelry!

Sure thing! Let me know what you end up getting ;)

xo Genea

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love it when you share your thoughts with me :)