Third Eye Gypsy(Genea Beads) 2011 by Parigo Studios 2010

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Genea Beads is in 4 magazines Spring 2011!

Hello friends!

Well I guess it's finally time to make my announcements since the dust has settled on the holiday madness! Genea Beads will be in 4 magazines coming up this spring! To kick things off I believe the spring issue of Bead & Button has hit the shelves for sale! I got an advance copy so I wasn't sure just when the magazine would hit the stands. I have had a few e-mails about the necklace so I figured it must be out! On page 17 you will see my Vortex Flower Garden necklace.
Here is a picture of the cover and of my piece incase you haven't gotten the latest issue ;)
Here is one of the photos I took of the necklace where you can see more inside of the flowers. The bells and glass dangles make the lovliest tinkling sound when you wear them! I will be getting this necklace and matching earrings up in the shop soon, so stay tuned!

The next thing you will see on the shelves is the Spring Stringing issue from Beadwork magazine. I have had the pleasure of working with the lovely and talented, Lorelei Eurto! She submitted some GORGEOUS designs with my work for stringing. Keep an eye out for that! I think the date it will hit stands is February 22nd, but don't quote me on that ;)

I am not sure of the exact dates for the next two magazines, but they will be out around the same time as the others, February or March...




I am SUPER EXITED to have my very FIRST two tutorials come out in print! The first tutorial will be in "The Flow" magazine! I teach how to make my "Jaw Breaker" hollow bead!  
Photo courtesy of Evan Youngblood.

Here is what the bead looks like cool and by itself.
Here is a picture of the "Jaw Breakers" set in it's entirety.
If you have been LOVING my new mixed-media pieces, you will LOVE this latest issue of Glass Pattern's Quarterly! My soldered charm tutorial will be in there along with some tips I learned while soldering! Here is the piece that is demonstrated in the magazine.

Photo courtesy of Evan Youngblood, Graphic Designer and Photographer extraordinaire.

So as you can see I have LOTS to do! I will have some more items like in the magazine listed soon, so keep checking back!
Have a wonderful day!

Much love,

Genea

5 comments:

Amy F said...

Congrats! That is so fantastic!

DebbysBeads said...

How exciting! Congratulations on all of the magazine publications.

Third Eye Gypsy said...

Thanks Amy!

Thanks Debby! I will tell you it was pretty crazy trying to get everything done! I was bumping up into tons of deadlines right before Christmas!

Pretty Things said...

LOOOOVE!!!

Third Eye Gypsy said...

YAY! It's so exciting! I can't wait to see each of the magazines pour in!

SOOOO much to make and update so there are lots of amazing things in the shop for when the magazines hit!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love it when you share your thoughts with me :)