Third Eye Gypsy(Genea Beads) 2011 by Parigo Studios 2010

Thursday, December 23, 2010

A little bit of Christmas Mayhem

Hello friends!

Are you staying sane in the last little bits of Christmas mayhem? We went out today to a few grocery stores for the last little bits of food needed to make some tasty hors dourves (or horsey doovers as my family calls them :D). We are making a yummy Reuben dip w/ rye chips, some dip with packet of organic dill packet w/Greek yogurt Terra sweets and beets, and some plain kettle chips, some pre-made hummus by Sabre, with lots of fresh cut veggies, and a large can of salted mixed nuts :D

Here is the dip recipe if you are interested! 

REUBEN DIP
8oz corned beef or pastrami chopped
1C sour kraut, rinsed, drained, chopped
1-8oz pkg cream cheese
2C shredded Swiss
1/2 C thousand island dressing

Mix together and serve warm with rye chips or other crackers or bread.

We are using Bolthouse thousand island dressing since it's gluten free so Ricky can partake in the dip. He can't eat the rye chips so we got him some yummy gf crackers :D

I can't believe tomorrow is actually Christmas Eve! Our family always celebrates then and Ricky's parents usually celebrate Christmas day. Ricky's dad is the head pastor at the Vineyard of the Rockies in Fort Collins, CO so on Christmas Eve after a day of services the family all goes to Macaroni grill. His parents sent us a gift card to out since we all won't be able to go together. 

We also got lots of awesome stuff from them in the mail. They always think of awesome gifts and presentation. I didn't photograph everything, but we did get this awesome MONEY TREE and tickets to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

I was excited to be a part of the Secret Santa exchange put on by Lillyella!  My secret santa was Macy J's and she had a special necklace put together for me by Junebell :)

My gift came wrapped in this lovely shimmery bag.
  
Here's my necklace! Isn't it lovely?! :) Thanks to Macy J's and Junebell!
It has been COLD, COLD, and COLD here in Kansas City! I have been such a slug lately. I has been hard to stay warm. I have been spending lots of time under my blanket on the couch with the dogs and my newest knit scarf :D
Knitting is like one of the BEST things ever since it your supplies are generally 1 pair of knitting needles and a ball of yarn. This is SUPER convenient for travel or for having a product of sitting on your couch. I productive persons dream, a project completed while sitting around doing "nothing" :D
Ricky and I also started another puzzle! I forgot that Amanda had given me this Alice in Wonderland puzzle awhile back. Winter is the perfect time to work on puzzles :D
Here is what the puzzle will look like when it's finished.
 Here is how far we have gotten so far ;) Still a ways to go. This baby is 1,000 pieces! That damn chair takes up like the WHOLE puzzle too! Ack!

Well that pretty much sums up what has been going on around here for the time being. It's been nice to have a little breather before the holidays :)

I hope you all have a Blessed Christmas and a prosperous New Year!

See you soon!

Much love,


Genea

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love it when you share your thoughts with me :)