Third Eye Gypsy(Genea Beads) 2011 by Parigo Studios 2010

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Growing Pains, OUCH!

Hello friends!

Ugh... I apologize for the lack of blogging and content lately. I am in the process of taking new photos for Etsy. I let the artist in me get a little crazy with some backgrounds and found out that they are actually detracting from my pieces. Want to have a look?

Taken on a metal fence in my backyard. On the back step with the black mat.

On the same metal fence with a limb that fell from the silver maple.

On the front porch wooden step.

On a white paper lantern. I LOVE this picture! I love the bright white with the gradient background that did it on it's own with the way the light hit it.
Taken on a metal plate. This picture was the suggested way to shoot future jewelry.

What do you think of the pictures? I talked with a few friends to get their opinions on the photos and what they thought about future pictures. A majority of the people I asked said they loved the artistic style pictures. What I realized about the people that I asked is that all of them are very visual, so the "pretty" pictures really caught their eye. What I realized about myself is that I see things with more of an artistic eye versus a business eye so the "pretty" pictures appeal to me as well. I had wondered if I should have a mixture of pictures to appeal to both types, but it sounds like a good rule to follow is to have 3 different ways of shooting photos so that the shop looks pulled together.

I am learning a lot about Etsy, photoshooting and just business stuff that I never really thought about. I am trying to soak it all in and be a good student. My brain is feeling SO full and when photos aren't turning out right I get so frustrated. I think my little Kodak Easyshare isn't really "cutting" it for the pictures I want it to take. I am trying to figure out how to make it work until I get more of a budget for a new camera. It sounds like Nikon is the way to go. It's funny thought because the "suggested" Nikon for great jewelry photography is $1400 and you still need the $500 fancy macro lens! Yikes!

Fe Fi Fo Fun treasury! Can you guess which one is mine? This lovely little treasury was put on by Whimsicals. Be sure to click on the link and check out her shop!
Here is a picture of my featured beads :)

Ok I hate to leave you with a short post, but my eyes are BURNING and I'm EXHAUSTED!

See you soon!

Much love,

Genea

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love it when you share your thoughts with me :)