Third Eye Gypsy(Genea Beads) 2011 by Parigo Studios 2010

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Bagby Hot Springs and Mount Hood National Park

Hello friends!

I wanted to share some of my adventure from this weekend with you. The photos don't even do it justice!  This past Saturday I visited the Bagby Hot Springs and Mount Hood National Park with my roommate and her boyfriend. It was such an amazingly beautiful place!

Here is a view from a bridge we crossed of a creek below.

More water, trees and fallen trees. Pretty huh?!

There were a lot of these areas where water ran over the rocks and made little waterfalls :)

See that teal spot of water? It really was that color. I don't know if it's a reflection or rocks or whatever, but it sure was beautiful!

Here was a huge tree stump and a huge hollowed out tree. It doesn't look like much in this pic, but when you see the next one you will understand.
This was my standing height tall (I'm 5' 8").

Here is why we traveled to the hot springs! These large wooden tubs are filled with water from the hot springs. It comes out of a spout attached to the tub. You can sit inside here and enjoy relaxing under half covered half uncovered roof. The water was HOT. Wow! We had to get buckets of cold water from the creek to dump inside so we could get in the tub.


This is lichen. It's a fungus/moss that grows on the trees. It's really pretty. 

Here is one of the smaller tubs that was private. There were wooden walls all around it with a door.
Here is the spout. When you removed the little board of wood water from the spring would flow down that log to fill the tub.

Here is a photo of the path we took to reach the tubs. Doesn't it look magical?!

This was a pic of me standing looking up to see the tree tops. They are SO tall! You feel so small in a forest with such tall trees! I wish I could show you some better perspective, but trust me, they seemed to go on forever!

Life finds a way huh? These little trees were growing out of a larger tree's stump.

Another one of the pretty little waterfall and water pools.

So don't you totally want to go now? :D I will say the ride there and back was horrendous for me. With the rapid elevation change(about 2500ft) and the cooler weather and allergies I felt horrible. I was so glad to get out of the car. I felt revived and incredible after getting out of the tub!
See you soon!

xo Genea



1 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love it when you share your thoughts with me :)