Third Eye Gypsy(Genea Beads) 2011 by Parigo Studios 2010

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

First Friday August 2017 Kansas City, and New Work.

Hello beautiful souls,

We did our first, First Friday this year on August 4th and we were booked by the lovely, Leigh Liles. It was a blast! We got to set up right over by artist alley in the parking lot of Justrite rubber stamp & seal

 Here is a shot of our booth. The sun was pretty intense for the shot, but it was just perfect lighting for our booth. The lampwork beads on our jewelry shined so beautifully in the sun :)

Here's a close up so you can see a few more things. I really love how our display turned out. I had hand painted a few shirts awhile back and shared them on the Artistcellar design team for my blog post. It was exciting to get them out in  public view. I even sold the center shirt to my yoga instructor that taught a class I used to attend when I lived in Olathe, Kansas :) 
This was one of my favorite parts of my booth. I had gotten some old windows from my old job and it was the perfect display for our 3x3, 4x4, and 4x6 pieces!

I set up the booth while Christian hooped. 

 He doesn't realize I got these shots of him. He he ;)

 Our other friend's played with fire as soon as it got dark :) Here is Sarah seducing the flame.
Here is Scarlet whirling in her hoop.


So jumping backwards I wanted to make a few more pieces for First Friday so I did some 4x6 pieces. I  pulled out some  pieces I used to catch some extra ink spray as not to waste it and decided to play around with them. 
Here is the finished piece. ERMAGERD... it's SO PRETTY!  I was so pleased with how it turned out. I was excited about it, I HAD to create one of my shrink plastic pendants so I could make this awesome design into a necklace!

Oooo look at all of those layers even on such a small piece!

Look at how amazing it turned out!!

Here are both pieces together. I am even working on something even BIGGER in this style. I can't wait to show you all cause I am even incorporating one of my earlier mixed-media designs into the piece. I really love how I took this new style and tied it in with an older idea.

For the other piece I wanted to create something really masculine since the piece was already so dark. I had a layer of black paint from another stencil paint save(you can see the black paint on the middle left). I really loved layering different stencils from the Tibet Series. I am slightly obsessed with the Arabian Nights Series as well. I used one of the chunkier stencil designs for this piece and used a more thin intricate one for the purple Buddha piece, giving it a very feminine look.

So I know what your next question is. It's where can I get my hands on these beauties, right? Well... I will be making another post HERE tomorrow for the full release into my special Facebook Third Eye Gypsy Auction Art group! I will post the rest of the awesome art here tomorrow early afternoon when it will go up in my group and be up on auction for 3 DAYS ONLY! So you will want to get hot on it if you want to take some of these babies home ;)

On that note I am going to wander off to my art table for a little bit until I can't keep my eyes open any longer. See you all tomorrow for the release!

Love, light, and creativity,

xoxo Genea




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love it when you share your thoughts with me :)