Third Eye Gypsy(Genea Beads) 2011 by Parigo Studios 2010

Friday, March 15, 2013

Moving, Unpacking, Organizing and Mail!

Hello friends!

It's been an interesting week for sure. So rewind back to 2 weeks ago, I got a new tattoo! I had been wanting this symbol for a LONG TIME! I couldn't have gotten it tattooed at a better time. This is the African Adinkra Symbol called "Wawa Aba".  Here is it's meaning: 

"seed of the wawa tree"

symbol of hardiness, toughness and perseverance
The seed of the wawa tree is extremely hard. In Akan culture, it is a symbol of someone who is strong and tough. It inspires the individual to persevere through hardship.

Perfect, right?! We had a friend do the inking. I was really excited to have him do this tattoo since he is an amazing artist and learning to do ink. The tattoo is on my right arm just below "the ditch"(my elbow crease). It's nice to have a tattoo that I can see all the time and it reminds me to be strong and persevere :)


I have been busily moving, unpacking, and organizing everything. I feel like all I am doing is shuffling around boxes. 
Here was the living room when I first started.
Here is the start of the studio.



This week I have been getting new things for the apartment to organize. I started with a book shelf. This along with many other things this week has been a total PITA. I went to 3 different Walmarts looking for a white book shelf before I found one. The Walmarts in Kansas suck horrible  compared to the ones "up north" in KC, MO. So weird. It's literally only like 20 minutes to Missouri so you wouldn't think there would be a difference. So I get my white book case and this is what I find when I empty the box. A cracked corner! Grrr. So off to Target for a new bookcase.
So I follow the instructions for the bookcase and as you know nailing the cardboard on the back is the last step. The instructions even warn you to NOT stand up the book case until the backing has been secured so the shelf doesn't fall apart. So much for that! Look at that gap! Grrrr! So I had to undo about 7 nails from the cardboard. The seam from the top to bottom part of the book case needs to lay flat, but the stupid cardboard was too long. The cardboard backings were pushing up against each other causing the gap in the shelf.
After undoing the nails and hammering and pushing down on the shelf. I got the gap as close as it was going to go. Thank God! It is now heavily weighed down with my zillions of bead boxes and 3 drawer organizers :D

My darling husband left me sweet notes and breakfast :) It was such a wonderful surprise to wake up to. He knew I would see the note if it was on my coffee pot. It's my first stop in the morning! 
I also got this "sweet nothing" on the fridge! :)

I got my first "fun mail" at the new address! It was a wonderful package from Staci! She left me this sweet note with little bundles of Sari silk and a box FULL of beads! 

Some of stacis hammered metal connectors and star toggle. Love these!

Staci's "bones and fossils" pieces. I love the different colors and textures! Love that crackle!

Beautiful disc from Marsha Neal Studio, and bumble bee bead from Lisa Peters Art!

Staci's amazing urchin printed hearts, eye heart, eye bead and donut.

Beautiful patinated beads. I love them all, but especially love the verdigris wings with the big hole! So cool! 

A nice sampling of semi-precious stones including a large rough ruby!

Now to get back to setting up and organizing. I still have a ways to go.

See you soon!

xo Genea

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love it when you share your thoughts with me :)